Conferences & Talks
- April, 7th, Workshop on Intuitionistic Modal Logic and Applications 2013, UniLog, Rio de Janeiro (BR): "J-Calc: A typed lambda calculus for Intuitionistic Justification Logic" (with Konstantinos Pouliasis)
- April, Workshop on the Scope of Logig through History, UniLog Rio de Janeiro (BR):"Realist consequence, epistemic inference, computational correctness"
- March, 27th, Fifth Workshop in the Philosophy of Information, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield (UK): "Distrust and Mistrust for Privatively and Modally Modified Information Channels"
- March, 21st, Grolog Lecture, University of Groningen (NL): "Error Handling"
- December, 14th, Workshop on Information Quality, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield (UK): "Algorithmic Check of Standards for Information Quality Dimensions"
- September, 24th, Conference on Judgement and Justification, University of Tampere (FI): "Justifications and Wrong Judgements"
- September 14th, Colloquium Logicum 2012, University of Paderborn (Germany): "Accessibility, Matching, Use: on limitations of computing in a distributed setting"
- August 17th, Proof, Computation, Complexity - International Workshop, University of Copenhagen (DK): "A Modal Type System for Safe Distributed Computing"
- June, 22nd, Computability in Europe 2012 Conference, University of Cambridge (UK): "A verificationist modal language for contextual computations"
- May, 11th, Fourth Workshop on the Philosophy of Information, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield (UK): "Towards a Taxonomy of Errors for Information Systems".
- May, 4th, Workhsop of the ANR-LOCI Research Group, University Paris 8, Paris (FR): "Local Validity and Interaction by Epistemic Modal Types".
- February, 9th, Seminar "Syntax and Semantics: A Legacy of Alan Turing", Isaac Newton Institute for the Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge (UK): "Practical Reasoning with Proofs and Types".
- November, 23rd, International Conference "Truth-makers and Proof-objects", Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris (FR): "Modes of Truth, Ways of Knowing".
- September, 29th, Ninth International Tbilisi Symposium on Language, Logic and Computation, Kutaisi (GE): "Alleged Assassins: realist and constructivist semantics for modal modification" (with B. Jespersen)
- September, 5th, 7th European Congress of Analytic Philosophy, Milan (IT): "Validity in Modal Procedural Semantics"
- July, 25th, Intuitionistic Modal Logic and Applications, Nancy (FR): "A multi-modal type theory for safe distributed programming"
- July, 21st, 14th Congress on Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science, Nancy (FR): "Procedural Semantics for a Modal Type System".
- May, 31st, Computational Logic Seminar, Graduate Center, City University of New York (US): "Making Dependent Evidence Explicit in Justification Logic".
- April, 12th, Computational Logic Seminar, Graduate Center, City University of New York (US): "A type system with modalities for safe distributed computing II: Procedural Semantics".
- April, 5th, Computational Logic Seminar, Graduate Center, City University of New York (US): "A type system with modalities for safe distributed computing".
- February, 3rd, AILA2011 Meeting, Bologna (IT): "A judgemental modal type theory for data accessibility"
- October, 4th, ECAP2010, Munich (DE): "Formalizing Correctness and Interaction by Modal Types".
- September, 21st, Logic, Reasoning and Rationality 2010, Ghent (BE): "Multi-modal type theory for trusted distributed knowledge".
- July, 10th, Proof Systems for Program Logics (PSPL2010), LICS2010-affiliated workshop at FLoC 2010, Edinburgh (UK):"A multi-modal dependent type theory for representing data accessibility in a network".
- June 30th- July 4th, Computability in Europe 2010 - Proofs, Programs, Processes, Ponte Delgada (Azores) Portugal: "Constructive contextual modal judgments for reasoning from open assumptions".
- June, 8th, Second IEG-Conceptual Marathon, New College & Oxford e-Research Centre, Oxford (UK): "Upgrading Functional Information".
- May 20-21, Second International Workshop on the Philosophy of Information, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey: "Trust and Epistemic Processes in Distributed System. A Multi-Modal Type-Theoretical Model." (with M. Taddeo).
- December, 3rd, Invited Lecture at Hypo Project, IHPST, Paris, France: "A modal type theory for constructive reasoning with open assumptions".
- November, 19-21, Conference on Logic and Engineering of Natural Language Semantics (LENLS VI), Tokyo, Japan: "Two type-theoretical approaches to privative modification" (with B. Jespersen).
- October, 2nd, Logic Seminar @ Helsinki Philosophy Department, Helsinki, Finland: "Epistemic Possibilities for Constructive Reasoning with Open Assumptions".
September, 14th, The 1st International Workshop on Logic-Based Interpretation of Context: Modelling and Applications at 10th International Conference on Logic Programming and Non-Monotonic Reasoning , Potsdam, Germany: "A constructive modal semantics for contextual verification".
- July, 2nd, European Conference on Computing and Philosophy, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain: "On the meaning of decidability issues in dependent types for the problem of output correctness".
- September, 1st, Workshop Young Researchers in Logic, History and Philosophy of Science, Koninklijke Vlaamse Academie van Belgie voor Wetenschappen en Kusten, Brussel, Belgium: "Constructive Modalities for Information".
- August, 11-15, Workshop on Logic and Intelligent Interaction, ESSLLI 2008, Hamburg, Germany: "Quasi-merging and Pure Arbitration on Information for the Family of Logics ADM".
- July, 13-18, IV World Congress on Paraconsistency, Melbourne, Australia: "A Model for processing Updates with Inconsistent Information".
July, 3-5: LOFT08, 8th Conference on Logic and the Foundations of Game and Decision Theory Amsterdam (Nl): "Aggregating Collective Judgements by selecting Disagreements".
July, 1-3, FUSION08, 11th International Conference on Information Fusion Cologne, Germany: "Adaptive Arbitration by Variant Counting on Commutative Bases with Weights".
May, 28, Talks at the Philosophy Department, Universita' Statale di Milano (Italy): "Teoria epistemica delle presupposizioni e logica del divenire informati a base costruttivista".
May, 11-17. CLE30/XVEBL/XIVSLALM, Paraty, Brasil: "Retraction for the Adaptive Logic of Information Update".
- November, 19th, Philosophy Department TU Delft (NL); "Interacting beliefs".
- November, 3rd-4th : First Workshop on the Philosophy of Information and Logic Philosophy Centre, University of Oxford.
- August: LMPS07 - 13th International Conference on Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science, Beijing, China: "An Adaptive Approach to Belief Change".
- 26-29 March: International Conference: "Logica&Metafisica", Dep. FIERI, Palermo University: "Dynamics: nuove fondazioni per la logica".
- August, 6th, 2007: Workshop on Logic, Rationality and Interaction (LORI), Beijing, China: "Belief Merging Based on Adaptive Interaction".
- December: Centre for Logic and Philosophy of Science, Ghent University: "Dynamics and Information for Constructive Logics".
- July: Logic Colloquium 2006, ASL European Summer Meeting, Nijmegen – Holland: "A constructive type-theoretical Interpretation of the philosophical Methods of Abstraction and Instantiation".
- June: Logica 2006, International Symposium Institute of Philosophy, Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic: "On building abstract Concepts in typed Systems".
- March: Seminario Coordinamento Nazionale Italiano Dottorati di Ricerca in Filosoﬁa/Istituto Italiano di Scienze Umane, Firenze: "Informazione e Conoscenza".
- February: Dep. ARCO - Arti e Comunicazioni, Palermo University: "Dall'Artiﬁciale al Vivente - Una storia naturale dei concetti" (Polimetrica 2005).
- January: Seminari ﬁlosoﬁci - Biblioteca Tematica "Potere e Sapere" - Palermo University: "Bernard Bolzano: Aspetti generali della Wissenschaftslehre".
- PhD Philosophy Meetings, Palermo University: "Il Principio di Analiticita' tra Kant e Bolzano".
- Logica 2005, International Symposium, Institute of Philosophy, Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic: "Belief Revision in Constructive Type Theory".
- Annual Italian Meeting PhD Candidates in Philosophy, Reggio Emilia: "Information in a Constructive Setting".
- LMPS03 - 12th International Conference on Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science, Oviedo, Spain: "Some Remarks about the Analysis/Synthesis Problem: a new Context for the Notion of Information".
- "Workshop di Studi ﬁlosoﬁci 2002/03", Biblioteca Tematica Potere e Sapere, Faculty of Philosophy - University of Palermo: "Informazione e Dimostrazione".